Possums Over the Moon
What is it?
Possums Over the Moon is a teaching resource composed and developed by Eugenie Teychenné for Beginner String Programs.
It provides curriculum and structure for the first year of string group teaching, using online audio/visual tools to teach repertoire and technique in the classroom.
The pieces are composed and arranged for full string ensemble (violin, viola, cello & double bass), with sequential and parallel learning across all the instruments.
How does it assist learning?
- Interactive videos for big screen provide a central focus point for the class
- Audio backing tracks build aural memory and develop ensemble skills
- Synchronised moving cursor trains the eye to follow the score
- Optional tempos accommodate students’ rate of learning
- Preparation exercises develop technical skills specific to each piece
- Practice Pod videos guide and motivate students’ practice at home
- Lesson plans provide curriculum and structure
- 15 original pieces build technique progressively across all string instruments
What’s in the box?
An annual subscription gives you the following online teaching tools & resources:
- Read & Play Videos of 15 original pieces in optional tempos
- Interactive Preparation Videos for each piece
- Unlimited student access to Practice Pods
- PDF Scores & Flash Cards for big screen
- Teacher’s Notes and Lesson Plans
- Preview scores & audio tracks for quick reference
- Optional audio-only backing tracks
- Downloadable Student eBooks for Violin, Viola, Cello & Bass
- Downloadable Teacher’s eBook with full scores
- Downloadable Piano Accompaniment eBook
- Website access for 4 Teacher Members
What does it cost?
There is one simple plan for everyone. An annual subscription costs $475 and runs for 12 months from the day of Registration.
A free one-hour consultation is available to help you get started.
How do I access it?
Tools & resources are accessed from the Possums Over the Moon website in your browser. You will need a reliable internet connection and a big screen to display the videos.
Practice Pods can be accessed easily by students on their own devices, with no group registration or password required.
How do I purchase?
Go to https://possumsoverthemoon.com and find the Registration Page in the Login drop-down box. Enter your Contact and Billing details as prompted.
Once your registration has been processed you will receive a confirmation email. You can then login with the username and password nominated by you in the Registration form.
For more information…
If you would like to know more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org